The GLTAS Fan Forum
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.
The GLTAS Fan Forum

Welcome to the forum! Here fans from every Corp gather to talk about and share their favorite episodes, characters, couples, fanworks, everything!

HomeHome  Latest imagesLatest images  SearchSearch  RegisterRegister  Log inLog in  

Member introductions

Go down 
+7
Straya
thingamawhatsit
YoungTitan213
Metaorigin
illumipel
necroMatador
Mocha-Bear
11 posters
Go to page : 1, 2  Next
AuthorMessage
Mocha-Bear
Admin
Mocha-Bear

Member introductions Empty
PostSubject: Member introductions   Member introductions Icon_minitimeTue May 29, 2012 9:18 pm

Hello! Please feel free to introduce yourself below. Don't know what to say? How about anything from your name or what you'd like to be called, your hobbies, how or why you got into the show and fandom, and anything us you'd like us to know!

For example, my name is Alex! I got into the show when DC Nation first began airing and GLTAS happened to be right before Young Justice and after Thundercats so I started to watch it and got hooked. I'm known as Mocha-Bear on Tumblr and Ginpetals on Youtube. I mostly make playlists and videos.
Back to top Go down
https://gltas.forumotion.net
necroMatador

necroMatador

PostSubject: Re: Member introductions   Member introductions Icon_minitimeTue May 29, 2012 10:11 pm

Hey, 'sup!

I'm necroMatador, real name is Molly, but I'd prefer you call me 'Necro' or 'NM' or some variation of my username if you don't mind. I'm necroMatador, of course, on tumblr and CheshireCatGrin on DeviantArt. I'm an Illustration major in college, and as such I'll probably be mostly contributing to this fandom in the form of fanart, though if I'm feeling particularly brave I may dabble in fanfiction.

Uh...I got into the show after initially writing it off as "not interesting". I caught it one day when I got up too early for Young Justice and had to watch something to pass the time. It was really interesting, and out of curiosity I went back and watched all the ones leading up to the episode I'd managed to catch (episode 8, "Fear Itself"), and thus I was hooked!
Back to top Go down
http://necromatador.tumblr.com
illumipel

illumipel

PostSubject: Re: Member introductions   Member introductions Icon_minitimeTue May 29, 2012 10:25 pm

Hiya!

I'm illumipel, feel free to call me Michelle or any nickname you feel like really. I go by the names illumipel and illumiart on Tumblr for those who recognize the names. I'm a freelance Illustrator and mostly make gifsets and fanart. On the rare occasion I'll dabble in fanfiction though.

I found GLTAS purely by chance wandering around Tumblr and decided to give it a whirl because the CG reminded me of the old CG cartoon ReBoot that I grew up with and well... it's a Bruce Timm show, and I never turn down a Bruce Timm show.
Back to top Go down
http://illumipel.tumblr.com
Mocha-Bear
Admin
Mocha-Bear

PostSubject: Re: Member introductions   Member introductions Icon_minitimeTue May 29, 2012 10:37 pm

Why hello there and welcome to the forum!

Wow, illustrators! This fandom is so talented I can't even handle it.
Yeah, like you Necro, I originally wrote off the show as uninteresting when it first first FIRST showed up as an hour movie premiere, so if it hadn't ended up wedged between my cartoon block, I probably would've never watched it until it began circulating Tumblr.

Edit: Woah woah woah, hold up, Michelle. Gurl, you reblogged my Aya/Razer mix and added a "Perfection" GIF to it. I can thank you for that now! Thank you! It totally made my day.

Last edited by Mocha-Bear on Tue May 29, 2012 11:07 pm; edited 1 time in total
Back to top Go down
illumipel

illumipel

PostSubject: Re: Member introductions   Member introductions Icon_minitimeTue May 29, 2012 11:03 pm

Ah-ha, a fellow illustrator! Where do you go to school Necro?

Haha you're welcome Alex. I meant it too, I adore the fanmix.
Back to top Go down
http://illumipel.tumblr.com
necroMatador

necroMatador

PostSubject: Re: Member introductions   Member introductions Icon_minitimeTue May 29, 2012 11:08 pm

Yeah! Rock on, illustrators! I'm at Towson University in Maryland.

Also, I keep meaning to download those fanmixes...I'll do that now.
Back to top Go down
http://necromatador.tumblr.com
Metaorigin

Metaorigin

PostSubject: Re: Member introductions   Member introductions Icon_minitimeTue May 29, 2012 11:41 pm

Lols Um Hi?

This is my first time actually being in a forum so... yeah xD Bear with me!

I'm Metaorigin everywhere. Twitter, skype, DA and FF.net Although, I have not added much to those accounts lately, due to lack of inspiration. But watching GLTAS seems to have brought it back. So expect fanfics!

lols truthfully I watched GLTAS when it premiered but I got hooked on YJ so I stopped watching it for a bit. Plus I wasn't too keen on the CGI. Then I found GLTAS again when I wanted a break from YJ. LONG STORY! Don't really want to discuss it.

I found myself actually enjoying the series after I got used to the CGI. Even more when I found out Bruce Timm was part of the team creating the series.

And Razaya is now my OTP!

Also, part of the reason why I signed up here is cause I exceeded my post limit on tumblr today. xD

I need to fangirl somewhere! xD

OMG talented people in the fandom!

I love you two's arts!!!

Am I doing this right? xD
Back to top Go down
Mocha-Bear
Admin
Mocha-Bear

PostSubject: Re: Member introductions   Member introductions Icon_minitimeTue May 29, 2012 11:51 pm

Hello Metaorigin!

You are doing a fine job haha. Aw yiss, fanfictioooooon! Can't wait too see what you've got! Very Happy
Yeah, the CGI definitely took some getting used to but now I really like it. The designs and the colors are just so fantastic!
Back to top Go down
Metaorigin

Metaorigin

PostSubject: Re: Member introductions   Member introductions Icon_minitimeWed May 30, 2012 12:05 am

Hahaha! Feel free to just call me Meta! Very Happy

Everyone online seems to call me that instead.

Me too! I'm actually working on one right now.
But I'm finding it abit difficult cause of Aya.
I need to put more techno babble for her.
And I am so not a techno geek.
And Razer needs to be abit more snarky.
<.< >.>
My first time writing for a tsundere chara...

But that should really go to the fanfic forum isnt? xD

Oh gosh! Yes! After getting over it being CGI
I started to lovelovelove the designs
of the ship, Aya, Razer's costume and Saint Walker!!!

They all look so nice!!! x333
Back to top Go down
YoungTitan213

PostSubject: Re: Member introductions   Member introductions Icon_minitimeWed May 30, 2012 12:13 am

Hello all!! I am YoungTitan213, a username I've used pretty much everywhere, DevART, Tumblr, YouTube, Fanfiction.net..etc. xD

I dabble in a little bit of everything, as I've made gifs, graphics, fanart, fanfics and vids, but my strength is probably vidding. (Though I'm desperately trying to get some fanart done and posted online now! xD)

I got into the show after "Heir Apparent" aired. I saw the "Are my Components properly aligned?" gif set and had to check this ship out. I had also hear that Jason Spisak was voicing some sort of angsty/angry character and wanted to hear the voice-work myself. Started myself on episode three (because I had already seen parts of the first ep but originally didn't care too much for it) and I was instantly hooked.

This show turned out to be my favourite out of the Saturday morning line-up despite my initial indifference towards it. xD

WOW!! GinPetals is Mocha-Bear!? Haha, it's nice to meet you, I've admired your vids for a couple of years now, your editing is amazing!

Also good luck on the Fanfic writing Meta! This fandom needs more of it. xD
Back to top Go down
http://youngtitan213.tumblr.com
Mocha-Bear
Admin
Mocha-Bear

PostSubject: Re: Member introductions   Member introductions Icon_minitimeWed May 30, 2012 12:22 am

Pumped to read it whenever you post it, Meta! Aya seems like her dialogue would be hard to write. I'm no good at tech speak either xD

Hello, Titan! Thanks so much! It's nice to meet you too Smile I've seen your stuff before too, it's fab! I haven't done much vidding lately, unfortunately. Thinking about trying my hand at a Razer/Aya video though.
Back to top Go down
thingamawhatsit

PostSubject: Re: Member introductions   Member introductions Icon_minitimeWed May 30, 2012 12:33 am

Hey! I'm Thingamawhatsit, pretty much only over on LJ right now (though I've been stalking Tumblr cause that seems to be where all the GL stuff goes down, and debating on giving in and joining up over there), but you all can call me Thingy.

I'm pretty much always a fan of anything that's the wonderful combination of cartoons and comics, so I figured I's like GL from the beggining, though I didn't figure it would stand up to some of the awesomeness that is Young Justice. I've been happily surprised since then in a lot of ways - one of which was the story telling, which ended up being a lot more involved then I first thought, and the other of which was the shipping.

I have never really shipped anyone. I'll enjoy seeing people in relationships, but I had never had that squishy inside feeling every time certain characters interacted. I got that with Razer and Aya, and dear lord I love it. I especially love that my first true ship involves a ship, because puns make me unbearably happy.

I do fan-fic. All different shades of it, but I particularly like looking for angles that haven't been done yet, or just ones I haven't done yet. I have something of a knack for playing crack ideas straight, which is always fun, and I like trying new things.
Back to top Go down
YoungTitan213

PostSubject: Re: Member introductions   Member introductions Icon_minitimeWed May 30, 2012 12:39 am

Thank you Mocha! I can't wait to see what you come up with should you vid them. x'3

You should totally join Tumblr, thingamawhatsit! Like, 5 or so of the people who actually work on the show have accounts so it's kind of cool when they talk to you or like your stuff. :'3

AND OOOOH~ Fanfic writer. Writing is the hardest thing for me to do so I really admire all of you who do it, and do it so well. *___*

Back to top Go down
http://youngtitan213.tumblr.com
Mocha-Bear
Admin
Mocha-Bear

PostSubject: Re: Member introductions   Member introductions Icon_minitimeWed May 30, 2012 12:47 am

Hello Thingy!
Tumblr is a goldmine of GLTAS stuff.
Omg, Razer and Aya give me the squishiest of feelings too! Lol, shipping the ship like bosses.

Artists and writers and vidders -- the talent in this fandom will be the end of me. But I will go happy as a clam!
Member introductions Fallfaintlilo
Back to top Go down
thingamawhatsit

PostSubject: Re: Member introductions   Member introductions Icon_minitimeWed May 30, 2012 1:24 am

I have a couple of little fics in the works, so the plan is to sign up once those are done, and then I can give them like offerings to tumblr so that it will be nice to me and work for me. I think if/when someone involves does anything involving something I do I shall implode. (And god, one of the fics I have in the works is a cross over with yj, and one of the people on tumblr is Razer AND Wally, and if he does something with that I will die and implode twice.)

Meta - A lot of the time you can get away with not doing techno babble and the like as long as you make sure the voice for the character is right. I know a few tricks for manipulating the sound of a character that could work for Aya if you'd like.

As far as Razer and his snark I recommend understatements. That seems to be his most effective method of attack.
Back to top Go down
Straya

Straya

PostSubject: Re: Member introductions   Member introductions Icon_minitimeWed May 30, 2012 9:34 am

Hey folks!

I'm Straya, though I sometimes go by the variation of Aestraya. Some of you will recognize me from tumblr as "wildhybrid."

I tend to do a little of everything in fandoms that I get really into, which was the case with Generator Rex and might be for GLTAS as well. Fan art, fan fic, role playing, screen capping, vid making...all that good stuff. I got into GLTAS when it began airing as part of DC Nation and I think I started shipping Razaya (or was at least very tempted to) about the same point as everyone else. You know what I mean. "You look fine, also." Haha. The whole shipping thing has actually caught me a bit off guard because normally I don't do much shipping at all. Typically it's casual at best, kind of an, "Oh, yeah, they make a nice couple" kind of deal. So all this flailing and fannish shrieking over Razaya...it's odd for me, but I love it. XD;

I don't make my living off art, though I do have a degree in it. Rather, I'm in medical for the time being. Also I'm nocturnal by necessity for the sake of my job, so weird hours and scatterbrained behavior get!

Hopefully I'll be able to check in here regularly. I'm not much of a forum person anymore, but I'll try! XD
Back to top Go down
http://straya.deviantart.com
Metaorigin

Metaorigin

PostSubject: Re: Member introductions   Member introductions Icon_minitimeWed May 30, 2012 12:10 pm

Hi Straya!

Oh yeah! xD I think most of the fandom began shipping the two at episode 4 and/or 5.

YOU RP???

I ask cause I have a very lonely aya rp on twitter and tumblr. xD

Though I am not obligating you to make rp accounts. You sound very busy.

Glad to have you in the fandom!
Back to top Go down
Straya

Straya

PostSubject: Re: Member introductions   Member introductions Icon_minitimeWed May 30, 2012 1:05 pm

Metaorigin wrote:
YOU RP???

I do keep pretty busy, but argh...you tempt me. Especially since Razer is my GLTAS muse of choice. XD I've been playing him over on Livejournal for the last month or so in both an open comm and in a game where I got him via application process.
Back to top Go down
http://straya.deviantart.com
Metaorigin

Metaorigin

PostSubject: Re: Member introductions   Member introductions Icon_minitimeWed May 30, 2012 4:33 pm

Straya wrote:
Metaorigin wrote:
YOU RP???

I do keep pretty busy, but argh...you tempt me. Especially since Razer is my GLTAS muse of choice. XD I've been playing him over on Livejournal for the last month or so in both an open comm and in a game where I got him via application process.

lols like i said you dont have to but if you do decide to make one and would like it to be not too time consuming try twitter? plus we wont have to do complicated plots. even just interactions would be fine with me.

*shrugs*

Very Happy

its ok if you decide not to

i think i've seen some of your livejournal rp. i've read some on tumblr being passed around.
cant quite remember them though. but i remember liking them!
Back to top Go down
Mocha-Bear
Admin
Mocha-Bear

PostSubject: Re: Member introductions   Member introductions Icon_minitimeWed May 30, 2012 5:07 pm

Hey y'all!

Aw yiss, more talent, yisssssssss~

So, I'm thinking I should add a roleplay category. Everybody think they could get some use out of that?
Back to top Go down
math_camel

math_camel

PostSubject: Re: Member introductions   Member introductions Icon_minitimeTue Jun 05, 2012 12:11 am

Hi all!

I'm Math_Camel. I also go by Kelly in RL, math-camel on twitter, and Bow_Girl on the Young Justice twitter RP.

I haven't been on a board in what feels like a decade but that can't be true. I hope.

Anywhoo, I love this show, I love comic books, I love vikings, I love baking, I love board games and I love all things fun and nerdy.

Great to meet you all, I think this is going to be a ton of fun!
Back to top Go down
Beasies

Beasies

PostSubject: Salutations!   Member introductions Icon_minitimeTue Jun 05, 2012 1:34 pm

Hello everybody! I'm Mary/Beasies! Either name you feel comfortable using is fine. :}

On tumblr I go by The-Quite-Contrary (main) and also Beasies (for art posts). I really got into GLTAS after seeing a lot of people I follow post about it. I don't get to watch much TV, so I was a bit out of the loop and didn't know much about it. But anything produced by Bruce Timm is worth watching so I knew I had to check it out. Now I'm totally hooked!

I'm no good at writing but I draw some fanart, and that's how I plan on contributing to the fandom. As well as getting to know other fans! Very Happy
Back to top Go down
http://www.beasies.tumblr.com
Mocha-Bear
Admin
Mocha-Bear

PostSubject: Re: Member introductions   Member introductions Icon_minitimeThu Jun 07, 2012 4:05 am

Hello, welcome!

Woo, another RPer! I will definitely have to set up a RP board.

The-Quite-Contrary! Gurl, I feel like I've followed your blog for years and years lol but no matter for it is rockin'!
Back to top Go down
Pallas

Pallas

PostSubject: Uh, hi everybody!    Member introductions Icon_minitimeMon Jun 18, 2012 12:02 pm

Hullo, I'm Emma. I believe I got into this fandom rather late, a lot of people I follow on tumblr watch the series and after seeing so many posts about it, I finally decided to give it a try. In short I started and finished the first season in one day... I pretty much had an overload of feelings.
Other things about me... I'm not really an interesting person, I'm very average.
Umm, I'm theammonite on tumblr and FictionPress and pickledegg on fanfiction.net and deviantArt.

This is my first time on a forum, so bear with me as I accidently break everything in sight.
Back to top Go down
Mocha-Bear
Admin
Mocha-Bear

PostSubject: Re: Member introductions   Member introductions Icon_minitimeMon Jun 18, 2012 5:49 pm

Hi there! Don't worry, most of us haven't been on a forum in years/never been on a forum before. We'll all be like bulls in china shops.
. . .How did you watch it all in one day and not crash from the feelings overload? Omg
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: Member introductions   Member introductions Icon_minitime

Back to top Go down

Member introductions
Page 1 of 2Go to page : 1, 2  Next